Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Elder Cox's Twelfth Letter From the University Branch Area


Hey family and friends,

So I changed my pday to today if you didn't notice. Hehe.  We decided to go to the temple so therefore we had to change our pday.  It was a good experience.  I sure love going. 

Last Saturday we baptized a guy named Victor.  He is a great guy.  He is going to make a difference in the branch.  His father came to the baptism and left very impressed.  He felt the Spirit very strongly and asked what the feeling was.  It was a great experience to see the Spirit in action.  I'm sure the missionaries that are in his area will be happy because he seemed very excited to learn more.

Yesterday we had a training for the trainers and trainees.  I was talking to my president and he said that it was very probable that I would be leaving the area.  I don't think he wants me to end there.  But I would really have like to finish my mission here.  I have come to love the people.  Even if sometimes they say No, we don't want anything to do with your religion but if you're hungry come on in.  Haha.  Needless to say, I don't weigh the same as I did when I first started the mission. haha.  I recently grabbed a scale to find out exactly how much weight I really gained.  I was shocked.  I'm sure President will send me to a place way far away that will make me have a diet.  And then all will be well. 

Well the weather seems to be changing.  They say that it might rain this weekend.  Let's hope.  I think it was Friday and Saturday that I was in love.  The weather was super nice golfing weather.  I mean the only thing that was missing in the picture was my clubs.  (Editor's note: I think we have a trunky elder here) haha.  We were outside the whole day working hard.  Taking advantage of the nice weather. 

I was just thinking back to before the mission and even the beginning. Who I was and what has changed.  I think one part that I enjoy  that has changed is my scripture study.  It really has taken on a whole new meaning for me.  But most of all my understanding and love for the Savior has grown.  I know now that He died for me and now lives for me.  I've come to realize just a little bit more of the importance of His role in the Plan of Salvation.  And by Him and thru Him all things are possible. 

I love you all.  Thank you for all your prayers.  And you are always in mine. 

Love,

Elder James Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment