Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Elder Cox's Eighth Letter From the University Branch Area


Hey family and friends,

This week went pretty well.  I had been planning an activity for about 6 weeks now.  And last Saturday we finally had it.  A lot of stress and planning, And in the end all paid off. 

We started off in the Sacrament room (Editor's note: I think he means the chapel) and watched a movie: Joy to the world. We had the Sacrament Room almost packed. Then we had all those that were visiting us that were not members of our faith with their friend that invited them to divide into groups.  We then had an open house in the chapel.  Had a few rooms that were shown and then we went outside for the show. 

We had a few of the auxiliary groups perform with the theme of Christmas.  It turned out really well.  Later we ate and were uplifted by a live band.  Haha.  The branch president threw together a band and played a few songs.  In the end we had about 200 to 250 people show up.  And about 50 to 60 that were not members.  It was a success like I have never seen before. A normal turn out is 30 members or so for a missionary activity.  It was fun to see how the members got together and invited friends.  We are hoping to see fruits from the activity.

All is well here.  I have a week left and then it might be my turn to change.  Who knows.  I would like to be here for Christmas, but who knows. I'll let you know next week where I am.  And then I will let you know when I will be able to have my call home. 

I love you all.  Thank you for all your prayers and kind words.
May God Bless you.

Elder James Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment