Saturday, September 15, 2012

Elder Cox's Eighth Letter As Finance Secretary


Hey family and friends,

Well this is going to be a short one.  I don't have much to say, but I was told that you wanted to hear what was going on with me. So I'll do my best to keep you informed. 

I just got back from the Temple with Elder Leavitt.  I enjoyed that.  There is always a peaceful feeling in the House of the Lord.  And then after I write we will go eat.  And later tonight is La Noche Mexicana or in English, Mexican Night.  The 16th is the celebration of independence.  And so they party tonight.  The ward will be having an activity later tonight that we will be going to.  So I was fed spiritually this morning at the temple, and then physically later tonight.  Not bad. Ha ha. 

This week has been kind of interesting.  I've been trying to tie up loose ends and prepare everything for the next secretary of finances that will be coming in a week.  Yup, my turns is up here in the offices.  To be honest I don't really like changes, but oh well.  I knew it was coming.  I can feel them every time. So the best I can do is say goodbye and promise everyone I will return one day. :) 

We were going to be having a baptism today, his name is Eduardo.  He is awesome.  A very special son of God.  But on Tuesday he told us that his dad had to go out of town for work and he wanted him to be there for his baptism.  So he asked if he could reschedule it for the day that his dad gets back.  He will be getting back in 2 weeks.  That is the day he will be baptized and unfortunately I will probably not be able to see it because I will be gone.  But such is life.  I know he will be a great leader, and I'm sure he will be serving a mission one day.  I would come back to see that. 

Well other than that I haven´t done much. nothing really new here.  I'm excited for general conference.  That is just around the corner.  It feels like just last week i was in Panuco watching general conference.  Time sure flies.  You really have to enjoy every moment of it, or you will blink and just miss it. 

So enjoy every moment of this life.  Do the best you can.  And never have any regrets. 

I love you all,

Elder James Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment