Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Elder Cox's Sixth Letter As Finance Secretary


Hey Family and Friends,

So this week went pretty well.  To be honest I was looking forward to the weekend to get out and just focus on the area instead of the offices.  We had divisions with another missionary and so my companion went to another area.  Friday night comes and because of circumstances we returned home a little early.  Got home at 8:30 these last few days.  They just want us to be careful. nothing wrong.  So anyway, we got done planning and I'm in bed by 9 and thinking wow!, this is soo nice. I think I'm going to be going to bed early and get a little extra sleep.  Ring ring, there goes my phone as my eyes start feeling heavy.  Sister Jordan is calling me.  She is out of town and a missionary has to go to the emergency room.  So I'm in charge of getting the finances taken care of.  We helped him out and when all was said and done we took him back to our place to sleep.  I think I went to bed at like 12:30.  I know its not that late, but that is for a missionary.  haha.  Right now as I'm writing this letter, he is enjoying my bed.  He will be there for a few days.  His comp is being a great sport, but I can tell he wants to get out and work. 

Then in the morning some more errands to the hospital.  It has actually been a great experience being here.  I know all the main hospitals now.  The doctors.  Learning how to work with doctors and secretaries. There is a lot of great experience for after the mission that I am obtaining here. 

So today has been a rather nice day.  Been in the house a lot, but it was nice because it was raining pretty hard almost all day.   I do love the rain, when I'm not in it.  haha. 

So anyway, something more spiritual... We are going to have a baptism this Saturday.  His name is Oscar.  Pretty cool kid.  His mom was inactive for some time.  Then came back to church and that's how we met her son.  Because he is 8 it is usually the bishop that does the teaching and interview.  But for some reason he just doesn't want to do it, and has passed it on to us and we are to teach him and do the interview and baptize him.  It has been a fun experience.  Really it has taught me how to be a better teacher.  Teach a lot more clearly and simply. 

Also one of our investigators just got back from France.  She went for a hair thing convention and to enjoy Europe.  Her husband stayed heer to hold down the fort.  He is a member and she is not.  So he has been teaching her.  She is progressing by leaps and bounds.  It's been great watching her.  She was to read the Book of Mormon while she was in France.  We heard from her husband that she has been reading.  I'm excited to hear about her testimony and experience.  I believe she is going to be baptised very, very soon. 

We also had a really cool experience.  Well I didn't, my comp did.  While he was in immigration he contacted a guy from Africa that has been here for 7 years.  Speaks really good Spanish.  So anyway he is an awesome guy.  Progressing very well.  Has a true desire to keep listening and applying these teachings in his life.  He has a wife and a brand new baby.  I think he wants to really make the best decisions so that his wife and kid can have the best he can offer.  He really is great guy.  It'll be fun to start teaching him.  I'll let you know how he's doing and if he gets baptised. 

Other than that things are going pretty much the same. Just lovin' life. 

I love you all and am so grateful for all of you. 


With love,

Elder James Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment