Friday, May 11, 2012

Elder Cox's Tenth Letter From Panuco

Hey family and friends,

So this week has been eventful. 
There is a missionary, Elder Porter that is here in Panuco with me. There are 4 missionaries here.  Elder Porter and his companion, Elder Vasques and my companion Elder Mendez and well me.  So Elder Porter and I have gotten really close as good friends this time here in Panuco.  And he has been having some problems with what they think is mental fatigue.  Been fighting it for about 10 months now.  He was trying to finish his mission, but just having a hard time.  Really hard time.  So President Call gave him a call last week and said it's time to go home.  He would have been leaving the end of june, but he will be leaving with an honorable release.  I was so sad to hear that he was leaving.  He has helped me so much.  He has been the heart and soul of the district.  So I can only wish him the best and hope he gets better. Hope to head up to Idaho one day and visit him.

Sunday while we were in sacrament meeting they released our branch president.  He was ready to go.  He had asked to be done before I got here.  Said it was too much for him and he wanted a release.  So in the Lord's time and the Lord's way he made it possible for someone to be able to serve in that position.  The first counselor was called and he is ready to serve.  He was a branch president before and I believe the district president also.  So he knows what he is doing and what the branch needs.  We are able to progress so much with him.  I can feel that things will be looking up.  We are very excited.

Well things are going well here.  It's getting a little warm.  Ha ha.  This week  I'm kind of out of ideas of what to talk about.  Ha ha. I'm excited to talk to the family this Saturday.  I love you all and hope and pray for the very best to be upon you. 

Love,

Elder James Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment