Monday, May 14, 2012

Elder Cox's Eleventh Letter From Panuco


Hey family and friends,

Another day in the mission, another day in paradise.  This is the last week of changes.  Week 6.  Giver yall.  So we were planning for 2 baptisms on Saturday, but one of them is having a hard time in his family life.  So because of that, doesn't quite feel ready.  So we will be having one baptism this Saturday.  Both are fine young men.  One is Pedro who is 15 and will be baptised.  The other is Humberto who is 23.  Both are awesome and will be great leaders in the church.  Both have strong testimonies.  I'm excited for both of them.

Saturday, as some of you know, I was able to talk to my family.  That was a great blessing.  I was so happy to talk to you all.  I thank you all for your kind words and encouragement.  Thank you.  Right after that we had an activity thrown together by the missionaries.  We had two branches join and we played volleyball and basketball.  We had some icees and all ended well. 

Sunday we had a great turn out of investigators who came to church.  All went well.  During Sacrament Meeting the new president of the branch announced that we as missionaries had some papers to hand out to the members. The papers said 'I read the Book of Mormon' and you are able to color in each day you read a chapter of the Book of Mormon.  My comp and I just looked at each other and said 'we have those?'  Didn't know we were supposed to have those ready.  Thanks for the heads up, President.  Ha ha.  So next week we will be bring them. 

The memers are getting excited here.  We are doing a lot more activities with them and stopping by their houses more often.  We are just seeing the first blossoms of the fruits that we will have from the work.  Next change the missionaries will have more success.  That'll be nice.  Who knows if I'll be here or not.  We will see next week when I write you. 

Well, I thank you all for your love and support.  I love you all.  I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day. 

Love,

Elder James Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment