Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Elder Cox's Second Letter From Panuco


Dear family and friends,

The first week in Pànuco flew by.  Wow!  Is it Monday already?!  And my pday is almost over.  I spent the time cleaning this morning.  Ha ha.  Yup, gotta clean the house.... 
Anyway the first week has been delightful.  The city is small compared to Victoria, but the area that we cover as missionaries is very large.  The city is divided into 2 areas with 2 branches.  So we cover half the city everyday. Walking. Well sometimes, if not a taxi.  I love being a missionary because everything is in 5th gear.  Gotta learn the area very quickly, where all the members live, the routes of the local taxis or bus, where all the main stores and such are.  All in a very short time.  Ha ha.  But it's great.  The city of Pànuco has some great downtown stuff.  It reminds me a little of an old small town. Has a plaza and a lot of little street venders, icecream shops, little soda shops, and a bunch of stores for touristy stuff.  It's a nice little town. 

The weather is a little warm.  Cool in the night, but warm during the day.  I forgot what the weather is like in the humidity.  Yup back into it.  Its nice, but I have no desire to live in it.  I like the dry heat... it cooled off Saturday, but warmed right back up again Sunday.  The locals say that the hottest time of the year is in April and May.  Yup, I'll be passing the time here in Panuco.  Ha ha. Oh well. I'm excited for it. 

The branch is wonderful. It's small, but has its own chapel.  Well shares with the other branch.  We don't meet in a rented building. Which is nice.  It's actually one of the more beautiful church buildings I  have seen.  I'll have to take a picture for you so you can see.  I was a little sad when it was almost all women that showed up to church last sunday.  What's up with the men?  Why can't we be fulfilling our priesthood duty.  It's not just here, it's everwhere.  We hold the priesthood of God.  Why can't we be acting like it?  But on the other hand, the women bore powerful testimonies yesterday.  I was excited as I listened to their testimonies and thought how much the Lord can use them to bring about the great work of His in this area.  It'll be exciting to see the miracles and blessings that are going to be poured out upon this area in the near future.  I'm already seeing the tender mercies of the Lord here.  It's a chosen place. 

They haven't had a baptism in this area for a little while, but as this week passed and Elder Hernàndez and I worked hard, we could see the Lord guiding us to those who are ready to hear the Gospel and accept it by coming unto Him through baptism.  I know my letters seem to be getting shorter and shorter.  I'm sorry, I really don't know where the time goes.  I look at the clock and go, oh no gotta rap things up. Anyway the area is precious and I love serving the Lord's children here in Pànuco.  I can feel the Lord's hand in my life, and the many prayers that each of you say for me.  Thank you.  I love you all, and may God bless you.

Love,

Elder Cox 

No comments:

Post a Comment