Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Elder Cox's First Letter From Panuco,Veracruz, His Third Area

Dear family and friends,

So I survived Victoria.  Well, I escaped with just a few gun wounds and blown off leg from a hand grenade but nothing else.  No, I'm just kidding.  Everyone thinks that Victoria is so dangerous but it was wonderful.  Yup, as you can guess I have moved.  The Spirit has called me away to a far off place called Pànuco, Veracruz.  It seems quiet here.  It's a small branch and I'm excited to get to work.  My new companion is Elder Hernandez.  He is from Chihuahau.  He will be finishing his mission this change with me. 

Last week went well.  We ended with a baptism and truly enjoyed our time together.  I was a little sad because I was informed I was leaving very fast and was not able to say goodbye to many people I wanted to. But such is life. 

Elder Tenorio came into town and that was a wonderful experience.  He just talked for a few hours without any interviews, the time was well spent.  I truly learned a lot.  More than anything on something so basic but powerful: Prayer.  We read Genesis 24 and applied that to prayer.  More specifically how to pray.  Yup, I learned how to pray.  I was praying wrong.  Haha.  And when I applied those principles of praying more specifically the following day, the miracles and blessings were poured out upon us.  So needless to say, there's always something I can learn and apply in my life.  Even the simple gospel principles.  So that went really well.  The weather here so far is good.  The people seem to be friendly.  The apartment, well we are looking for a new one.  Yet again... but it should be alright.  I'm going to use what I learned about prayer and find a good apartment soon.  It's not that we don't have an apartment.  It's just that we need to find a new one to have our washing machine for our clothes.  But that's the least of my worries. 

Oh, so when I got here I went and ate a torta.  It was pretty good.  So far the food is pretty good, the people friendly, the weather not too shabby, and so I don't have any complaints.  Haha.  I'm actually really excited to be here.  I'm excited to work close with the few members that we have here.  To work in a branch and see some great growth this change. 

I love you all and pray for you.  Thank you for your prayers.  May God bless you all!

Love always,

Elder Cox


No comments:

Post a Comment