Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Elder Cox's First Letter From Victoria, His Second Area

Hey friends and family,

Things here are great.  A change of scenery.  A little dryer and dustier.  Ha ha.  Yup I moved.  I got the call Saturday to go to Victoria.  The capital of Tamaulipas.  It's actually smaller than Tampico/Madero.  Life here is a little slower than Tampico.  The scenery is a lot like Mesa.  There are mountains.  It's dry and dusty.  I think i like the weather here more.  It's a new experience.  It's great.  The district is wonderful. The ward is great.  The area is very large.  And my comp so far is great.  I get the opportunity to work with him and learn a lot.  He is a district leader and I have a great opportunity to learn a lot. 

Well last week I said goodbye to a lot of people.  To be honest I didn't think I was going to be changing and I really didn't want to.  When I got the call, it was like really?  I don't want to go.  And when I left it was like leaving home all over again.  I don't know if i'm a huge fan of this.  They force us to go to a new area with a new person.  Work together, grow closer.  Then they they just rip us apart and do it all over again.  Ha ha.  Germinal will always have a place in my heart.  The mission is a wonderful opportunity.  I absolutely love it. 

Well the letter is short.  Next week I'll have more.  I'm off to go check out the planetarium here.  Heard there're a lot of cool things to go see.  I'll take some pictures and have some stuff to share next week.  'til next time.

Love,

Elder James Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment