Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Elder Cox'x Sixth Letter From Aldama and Gonzalez


Dear family and friends,

Another week has come and gone.  I was just thinking last Monday, I know that very soon I´ll be right back here writing my family.  It seems like the weeks go by faster and faster.  It's true, somedays go by very slow, and you just can´t wait to have the day over.  But the truth is, the weeks fly by, and I feel like I blink and it's over.  Time does not wait for anyone.

We had a relatively good week.  It went by so fast I can't barely (Editor's note: don't you just love those double negatives..:) remember what we did. haha. We had some great lessons.

Right now as a mission we are focusing a lot on the reactivation of less active members.  As a mission last week we had almost 600 less actives attend church.  And it keeps going up.  We are seeing great growth here.  Pres Jordan wrote all the missionaries and told us that a stake president shared with him some very pleasant news as to what the missionaries are doing here.  he said Thanks for all the work that we are doing.  He has called a new bishop and 2 new counsilors that were all inactive.  He said that ward is finally starting to take form once more.  We have seen great growth here.  Three month ago there was an assistance of about 12 to 15 people.  Last Sunday we had 43 people.  Our little sacrament meeting was packed. :) 70 percent were less actives.  The work of the Lord is going forth boldly and to every nation.  It is growing so fast here.  I see how the Lord's hand is in this work.  We are having more and more missionaries come into the missions, and seeing more and more members coming back.  Truely the greatest time to live is in this age.  I'm so thankful to my Father in Heaven for letting me stay here for these 3 extra months.  I've been able to be a part of a work far bigger and greater than me.

A few weeks ago the first counselor was very worried about how he was going to be able to help the the single mothers and part families that need to be self sufficient.  How he was going to help them to find work to provide for their families.  I suggested that they start a vegetable garden with some fruit trees.  He thought about it and took it up with the branch president.  We got the a okay and today we started the garden.  Sadly what I thought would happen came to pass.  Nobody showed up to prepare the dirt (Editor's note: that old Little Red Hen Syndrome:).  We had the young man of the branch, my companion and I hacking and hoeing at the dirt all day.  We finally finished and planted the seeds.  Now we will see if the members come to help with the watering and weeding... well I don't think I will be here to see the final project, but it's the thought that counts.  I hope they send me pics when it all turns out.

Well that's about it.  I'm working hard and happy. :)

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment