Thursday, July 7, 2011

Elder Cox's First Letter from Mexico

hey, mom
 I'll just write this is in English so that you can understand it. ha ha. Things here are going great. My Mission President's wife, Sister Call told me she talked to you. I hope you got all the info you needed. My p day is on Monday so the next time you will hear from me will be Monday. I have a great trainer, Elder Gonzales. He is working on his English. I think his English is better than my Spanish. ha ha. We are going to have a great time I can tell. The city here is crazy, I forgot how bad the traffic is. Oh my goodness! And you think Arizona is bad? At least there are laws, anything goes here. I saw a motorcyclist, he almost got hit like 2 or 3 times and it was like he didn't even care, just very normal for him. Yikes. It's going to get some getting used to. Walking across the busy streets is interesting. I can see the mindset of the Mexicans in Arizona. Its just part of the culture. It is so hot and humid here. Wow, that is one thing I am going to have to get used to. It feels like August when it rains in Arizona, except no rain and a little hotter. Just feels like it is going to rain. I'm standing outside for 2 minutes and I'm full of sweat. I think I am going to have some serious acne from all the sweat on my face. ha ha.
anyways on a great note, i am having the time of my life. i am so excited to be here. we have a cita, or meeting, that's what the word is, a las cinco, I mean at 5. the Spanish and English is starting to mix. ha ha. at times i cant think in either language. that's a fun experience. anyways we have a meeting with and investigator tonight who is planning on being baptized on Saturday. Jump right into the baptising spirit right? I'm coming into the mission right when its turning around. they are starting to have great success. things are cleaning up. President Call had to do some cleaning up and enforcing the rules. but I heard things are going great now.Rules are still very strict, no sports, no beach, not really any site seeing. but I'm fine with that. im glad he has said yes to music. i did bring up the ipod to his attention, and he suggested that I send back the ipod that has Internet access to it. I was fine with that. So he told me that he could get it to the border and then it could be sent from Texas to Arizona safely and vice verse. So idk if you would, or talk to dad I think he can, if you could sell my ipod and get one that doesn't have Internet connection ipod classic or something like that. Load it up with tons of music, scriptures in Spanish, audio would be awesome. the conference talks in Spanish audio or video would be great. Thank you so much. The president or his wife should email you directions on how that can happen. So you can get that to me safely.
Anyway I love you both so much. Easiest way to probably get a hold of me each week is through email. I probably will be able to check my mail every 4-6 weeks or so. Whenever the district leader gets to the mission mailbox and then sees me. So basically fastest way is email. I love you so much. Give my love to the family. I hope to hear from you soon.

love,
Elder James Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment